Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ground transportation

johnjam101
Explorer A

Any tips or ideas on getting from Sacramento Airport SMF to either Auburn Ca. or Nevada City/ Grass Valley, CA. ?  Uber seems expensive. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: ground transportation

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@johnjam101 wrote:

Any tips or ideas on getting from Sacramento Airport SMF to either Auburn Ca. or Nevada City/ Grass Valley, CA. ?  Uber seems expensive. 

I don't have first-hand knowledge of this area, just poking around on Google - there does seem to be a public transit option to Auburn that takes 2+ hours. 

SuperShuttle shares rides can also be a more economical method for single travelers. The fee is per person, so by the time you have a couple travelers Uber or Lyft may be competitive.

Anothet strategy I use sometimes is to take public transit as far as I can, and then Uber or Lyft from there to avoid congestion at the airport. My limited visits to SMF I didn't think it was that bad compared to MDW for instance. 

The Uber fee is what I have to pay more or less to get from my house to MDW and I live "in town" so $40-$50 doesn't seem prohibitive to me for that distance and time. I didn't scope any of these for Grass Valley though, just Auburn.

Anyway: Cliff Notes version see if Super Shuttle can do it for $20 +/-

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@DancingDavidE wrote:

Anyway: Cliff Notes version see if Super Shuttle can do it for $20 +/-

My experience in Dallas is that Supershuttle costs as much or more than Uber/Lyft -- plus I'm in the northern boonies so I'm always the last one off the bus (not good if we're zooming around North Dallas dropping off 3 - 5 other people)

Try the Uber/Lyft shared ride option. For me, never more than 1 or two other passengers and a lot cheaper.

bec102896
Aviator A

If you go with super shuttle I would download there app and use code APP10 for 10% off. 

Also in some cities super shuttle will give a discount if traveling with 2 or more people

-Blake 

johnjam101
Explorer A

Thanks for the advice. I never tried the Uber share option.

johnjam101
Explorer A

Thanks for the advice.