Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

search by map function HAS BEEN RETIRED- HELP GET IT BACK!!!!!

BullsFan
Adventurer A

per my discussion with customer service today, they have retired this functiuonality which I used quite a lot

I could find the cheapest choices for my vacation days and compare the cost of different destinations in an easy. user friendly way.  Now I'm having to hunt and peck my way all over each destination- or call reservations and ask then where they think cheapest flight would be on a given day- that;s NO GOOD!

HELP!

Write/tweet/email/call SWa and ask them to bring it back PLEASE!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: search by map function HAS BEEN RETIRED- HELP GET IT BACK!!!!!

BullsFan
Adventurer A

here's what it looked like/how it used to work:

https://getawayfinder.southwest.com/flights

jeb1012
Explorer C

I LOVED this feature!  I've been searching the website and was wondering why I couldn't find it. It's actually stopped me from booking a couple of trips because I got tired of searching individual destinations. 

billjanssen
Explorer C

I SO AGREE! This was a wonderful feature for someone who travels leisurely often - and wanted to look around for the different configurations - and could also plan a trip with three different legs.  I wish they would bring this back!

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

Ahh yeah it’s been out of commission for a while and I find myself missing it. I wonder why it was retired. I still try to do this by hand going back and forth selecting different but it’s a much more cumbersome process 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

I know many folks are missing this function, but have you tried searching with the interactive route map? It's a really good tool - check it out here.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@LindseyD wrote:

I know many folks are missing this function, but have you tried searching with the interactive route map? It's a really good tool - check it out here.

This is helpful, but not quite as useful as what was there before. Often I'll use it to see where the direct flights go from here or there.

Including connections from some of the businer airports makes it a little difficult to use - you can go almost anywhere from MDW or DEN for example, but focusing on the direct flights gives some perspective.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.