Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: travel funds re corona virus

WSKarganilla
Explorer C

Thanks for the info.  I have a travel fund expiring in May and another travel fund expiring in October this year.  I used both travel funds for flight I reserved for May and October, considering both of the travel funds initial expiration date, if I do cancel the flight reservations due to the ongoing COVID-19 will the two travel funds gets a new expiration date!
Any clarification to this question is much appreciated.  Thank you.

apm
Adventurer C

will not help you or make an exception. They do not care about their customers or their unique situations. You can write to anyone in the company and will get a late boiler plate response repeating their policies and telling you that they are better than other airlines.

But they do not care they only care about short term profits not long term customer satisfaction. It it their new norm.

mtnman
Explorer C

Clarification please?

If my funds expire on June 30, 2021 can I apply them to a ticket purchase on June 30, 2021 for a flight in July or August, 2021  (for example?) I'm assuming this would be the case? Thanks

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@mtnman wrote:

Clarification please?

If my funds expire on June 30, 2021 can I apply them to a ticket purchase on June 30, 2021 for a flight in July or August, 2021  (for example?) I'm assuming this would be the case? Thanks

No, travel must be completed by the expiration date, not just reserved.