Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Terminal arrivals in Havana

AussieSue
Explorer C

We are considering flying to Havana from FLL with Southwest but have read elsewhere that they arrive at Terminal 2 and there are no currency exchange facilities (Cadeca?) at this terminal.

Can anyone who has flown to Havana recently please advise how and where they exchanged money upon arrival.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Terminal arrivals in Havana

AussieSue
Explorer C
Solution

In answer to my own question and even more research, I came across this which is what I wanted to know!:

"The cadeca in terminal #2 is in departures, not arrivals. After clearing customs, upon exiting the building at the arrival section, go right about 75 meters still under the canopy to the entrance to departures. Enter departures and you see the check in counters right in front of you. Instead, take an immediate right down the hallway. The cadeca is about 30 meters down that hallway on the right hand side. At least it was that way when I last came through terminal #2 about a year and a half ago.

Note: upon exiting arrivals with CUC in hand, there is an open air beer stand immediately to the right. No better place to spend your first CUC in Cuba than on a cold Cristal or Bucanero."

So even tho the person who posted it travelled about 2 years ago now, I'm hoping it is still correct! Particularly like his advice on how and where to spend that first CUC!!

Cheers!

Re: Terminal arrivals in Havana

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@AussieSue wrote:

So even tho the person who posted it travelled about 2 years ago now, I'm hoping it is still correct! Particularly like his advice on how and where to spend that first CUC!!

Cheers!

Good luck! I can't imagine that they make it too hard to exchange at the airport, at least for inbound visitors.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.