Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to purchase tickets to Cuba (VRA)

espallargas87
Explorer C

I'm unable to purchase tickets to Cuba on the website, when is this going to get fixed? I have to always call over the phone in other to book a flight.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unable to purchase tickets to Cuba (VRA)

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hello, @espallargas87,

If you are attempting to book from outside the United States, that might be the root of the problem. We are aware that Southwest.com is not accessible from some locations, and we are working toward a fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

espallargas87
Explorer C

I'm in Miami. 

LindseyD

You shouldn't be having trouble booking from Miami - we can definitely help investigate. Where in the booking process do you encounter the hangup? 

espallargas87
Explorer C

When I try to pay for the ticket. Says there is a problem with the system. I already booked it but had to call.

LindseyD

@espallargas87,

Glad to hear you got booked, but I'm sorry about the trouble doing it online. I haven't received any notices of multiple reports of folks having difficulty booking travel to Cuba from a domestic location, which means it is probably an isolated incident. If it happens again, contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654 so we can walk through the booking path with you and identify where the problem is occurring. 

espallargas87
Explorer C

I travel every month, and I can say the last 3 months it has not worked, that's why I wanted to post this here so you are aware. When I call they just book the flight they don't care that I had problems online.

gwagirl89
Explorer C

I have booked 2 separate trips 2 Cuba from Tampa and both times I had the same problem you mention. I had to call. I live in Tampa

tbrown223
Explorer C

I concur....I tried 4 times to book a flight to cuba.....same error......Im based in MD.......used different web browsers.....

Ever since SWA changed there systems....its been a nightmare....and most people I know are using other airlines...instead of the hassle of SWA systems....now...I know its not just me with the cuba booking problem.....and its been happening over months.....