Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

best time to visit cuba?

armzilla
Explorer C

My SO and I are looking at Cuba as our next vacation spot.  What is the best time of year to visit?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: best time to visit cuba?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @armzilla,

Based on my own research, it looks like anytime between December and May will provide you with great weather and plenty of activities to choose from! 

Has anyone else in the Community been to Cuba? What recommendations do you have?

G-Deb
Explorer B

we are going on 5/6 thru 5/12.  Flying Southwest, of course!  Excited and will report back.  We are going on a people to people cuban tourist card and staying in a private home.  Woman Very Happy

roserandi
Explorer C

I really want to hear about your experience.  Please report.

keithirwin
Explorer C

How did the trip go?

@G-Deb wrote:

we are going on 5/6 thru 5/12.  Flying Southwest, of course!  Excited and will report back.  We are going on a people to people cuban tourist card and staying in a private home.  Woman Very Happy

How did the trip go? Any pointers? We're going in January and will book flights once they open up.

AboveTheClouds
Explorer C

They say that the dry season from December to April is considered to be the best time to visit Cuba. Well, we went in May 2015, and it was great. During that trip, the weather treated us well, we visited a tobacco farm (one of the highlights!), enjoyed some time at the beach...Also in May flight was a bit cheaper than earlier in a year, so we took advantage of that.