Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Wifi speed / what is being shown?

billhurley
Explorer C

Does the wifi have enough speed to stream something like slingbox? I wanted to see if i could watch the Patriots game on Sundays flight. Not sure if the flight would be showing the game.

Or can we see what will be shown on the entertainment prior to the flight?

Thanks Bill

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Wifi speed / what is being shown?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

I saw your other post about the programming - I'm not sure how to tell which broadcast you will get. My guess would be that if the network has one primary game shown it will be that one, regardless of origin and destination. (It could vary for any flight on whether Sunday travelers were coming or going, people have connections, etc...which game would they prefer...not worth Southwest's optimization efforts on something they provide for free.)

So that's my best guess, it will be the default national game. Looks like you have a pretty good shot at it among the alternate games.

Slingbox is most likely a "no" - the terms call out exclusions for VPN or streaming applications.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Considering it takes a good couple minutes to load email, I think it's safe to say Slingbox is a no.

I replied to the other post that the local broadcast channel feed is NYC so you're probably going to get the game that's being shown in NYC, and that's most likely also the national game as @DancingDavidE has suggested. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Someone should probably also question your desire to watch the Patriots 😛

billhurley
Explorer C

That is funny