Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards for Minors

Mickeymices
Explorer C

I read on here somewhere that it's best to sign up your children for Rapid Rewards so they get credit for the purchase of flights.  I tried to sign up my son (he will be 10 in August) and it's saying "You are not old enough to register."  So how do I sign him up??  Also, is there a way he can get credit for a past flight we took last week or is it too late to claim that?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Rapid Rewards for Minors

franktravel
Aviator B

You can enroll in Rapid Rewards by calling Southwest Airlines Reservations at 1-800-248-4377

You can request past flight points for up to 12 months after your flight.  To claim points for a past flight, simply log into your account, select My Account and choose theManage tab within My Rapid Rewards.  Choose Request past points in the grey bar and enter your record locator (confirmation number) from your reservation. After verification of your flight information (approximately 3-5 days), points will be deposited into your account.

Re: Rapid Rewards for Minors

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The Rapid Rewards program terms and conditions do not list a minimum age requirement. So I suspect bad programming. I'd contact Customer Relations. Your best bet is via Twitter.