Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Is there a place you will not sit on a SW plane?

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

Is there a seat you endurred during a flight and told yourself never again? Exit row? Front row? Any seat at all? You will never sit in that seat again???

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is there a place you will not sit on a SW plane?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Last row - center seat. You will be about the last person off the plane and the seat doesn't recline.

Never say never though. If I have to get somewhere and it's the only seat available, I'll grit my teeth and plop my butt into it.

bec102896
Aviator A

Personally I'm not a fan of any middle seats however if it's the only seat left I'll deal with it. A List has saved me from middle seats for the most part. 

I also avoid the row in front of the exit row since those seats don't recline. 

On the flip side I like the exit row since I can't be reclined in to. I also don't mind the last row since that's usually where I find the open middle seat because most don't want to be in the last row. 

-Blake 

Lumberdog
Explorer B

The pilot seat.  The jump seat in the cockpit.  The Flight attendant seats.  And the only reason I won't sit there is they won't let me.  If they would, I would totally do the jump seat.  I bet its cramped but 1000% more interesting of a flight.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I accidentally took the seat towards the front of the cabin where there is no window portal on the "window" seat and didn't realize it until it would have been too difficult to move which disappointed my kiddo.

I also don't prefer the "Dannering" seat with no seat in front of you in the exit rows since the tray table is in the seat and not mounted in front of you, and also the bulkhead rows I like if I'm reading my tablet but not for working on a computer and they are awkward if you redeem drink coupons with no tray table. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

A seat is a seat, of course anyone would prefer an aisle or the window, but I've been in the middle before and as long as I can get on the plane to my destination, I don't care 😄 

--Jessica