Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Anytime Fare didn’t automatically check me in?

jinha
Explorer C

I usually fly Wanna Get Away but my company booked me on an Anytime fare for a trip tomorrow. I got an email saying that I would be automatically checked in, but when I checked my app about 30 minutes after check in opened, I was still prompted to check in and when I did I got boarding position B25.

Wouldn’t it be safe to assume that an Anytime fare that was booked 4 months ago would be earlier in the queue than B25? It seems like it didn’t check me in at all.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anytime Fare didn’t automatically check me in?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Anytime fares include EarlyBird Check-In. EarlyBird Check-In means you will be assigned a boarding position automatically, ahead of everyone else doing general check-in. You still need to go through the check-in process to obtain your boarding pass and can do that anytime within 24 hours of your flight. When you actually complete the check-in process has no affect on your boarding position because of EarlyBird.

B25 seems like a very reasonable EarlyBird position depending on the route, time, etc. Also, if you changed your flight or repriced it after the initial booking that resets your position in the EarlyBird queue. 

You can verify that EarlyBird is on your reservation: https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-verify-that-I-added-EarlyBird-to-my-reser...

--TheMiddleSeat

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

All of the fuss over early check in doesn't mean much when two dozen pre board passengers go on ahead of everyone else, even if they paid $2 Million per ticket.

...over the ocean blue...

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

All of the fuss over early check in doesn't mean much when two dozen pre board passengers go on ahead of everyone else, even if they paid $2 Million per ticket.

...over the ocean blue...

There were 4 pre boarders on my flight tonight from AUS sold out flight to SNA right after the music festival in Austin where all flights are jam packed