Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Companion Pass Check In

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@julesr123 wrote:

So we just booked my first companion pass flight. My boyfriend is A List Preferred but selected Business Select and booked companion for me. I had read that the companion would board with the A List Preferred customer during their boarding, but not if they purchased Business Select, which I understand. It said both parties would be automatically checked in at 36 hours. When we booked though, it says I have to wait til 24 hours to check in. I understand I shouldn’t get A1-15 but don’t understand why I don’t get automatically checked in at 36 hours since he chose Business Select.

It doesn't work for Business Select because the number of spots is limited to A1 to A15, since other people are paying the higher fare for BS tickets the system won't insert you into that range of positions.

Buying BS breaks the connection to your ticket in terms of the checking in.

Therefore without being pulled through check-in by the ALP ticket you'll have to check in at T-24 hours. There only provision is for sequential numbers, when that connection is broken then you won't automatically be entered into the A-list and ALP position assignments.

Also to clarify even the positions that are assigned at T-36 aren't able to retrieve their boarding passes until T-24, so it's a mystery reveal when you get them, there isn't any way to get the boarding pass during the 36 hour to 24 hour period.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Companion Pass Check In

julesr123
Explorer C

Thank you! That makes sense. I’ll either pay for EBCI or upgraded boarding.