Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Could you please update flight times

pedro12345
Explorer C

My girlfriend and I’s flight has been delayed more than two hours at this point. Its the holiday season so we kind of understand. But for the past two hours our flight time and boarding time has not updated on our app, so we’ve been stuck waiting at the gate rather than being able to be at an airport lounge or bar. Its really aggravating how southwest cant give a proper update. Be better

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Could you please update flight times

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@pedro12345 wrote:

My girlfriend and I’s flight has been delayed more than two hours at this point. Its the holiday season so we kind of understand. But for the past two hours our flight time and boarding time has not updated on our app, so we’ve been stuck waiting at the gate rather than being able to be at an airport lounge or bar. Its really aggravating how southwest cant give a proper update. Be better

Hopefully you aren’t flying through Midway, it’s very foggy here and the plan may not be known very well. 

I sympathize, it would be more comfortable in a lounge for sure but it’s too risky if they might suddenly start boarding. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Definitely agree here

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ZevSupport wrote:

Definitely agree here

If we go enjoy the lounge in D gates at LAS and then all of a sudden see the delayed flight is suddenly on time it's a bit of mad dash through the people movers!

One time they boarded our flight early, we got there right about 30 minutes prior and the gate was empty, the last people were just getting on and at first I assumed it was the flight before ours But it turns out they were avoiding some weather and left early. I'm sure we were about to hear our names on the intercom when we realized we should board right away. Did not get to sit next to each other.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@pedro12345 wrote:

My girlfriend and I’s flight has been delayed more than two hours at this point. It’s the holiday season so we kind of understand. But for the past two hours our flight time and boarding time has not updated on our app, so we’ve been stuck waiting at the gate rather than being able to be at an airport lounge or bar. It’s really aggravating how southwest cant give a proper update. Be better

It did just occur to me - if you are still there waiting (hope not) you can try Flight Aware or FlightRadar24 or other apps to see if they have any idea, and then also a good check is if the plane is there or not. If the plane and crew are there and ready you need to stay close. 

Depending which airport you are at maybe you can venture a little further if there’s no plane or crew. 

Also it changes depending on your tolerance to board later in the process if you find out boarding started and you are a ways away.