Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Early Bird Checkin with Companion Pass

breadand468
Explorer C

I booked a ticket for myself, my mom, and added my girlfriend as my companion with the companion pass. My girlfriend and mom have early bird check-in for our flight, but I do not. Will I be moved up to their boarding position or will my girlfriend be moved down to mine, making her early bird check-in useless?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Early Bird Checkin with Companion Pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

The system ties the companion and the companion pass holder together. So you will receive consecutive boarding positons based the the best the companion or pass holder have - makes no difference which one it is.

breadand468
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply! Just making sure I understand-so my mom, girlfriend, and I should all have consecutive boarding positions even though I (companion pass holder) do not have early bird check-in but the other two people do?

breadand468
Explorer C

Reposting as a reply because I don't think I did it correctly the first time.

Thanks for the reply! Just making sure I understand-so my mom, girlfriend, and I should all have consecutive boarding positions even though I (companion pass holder) do not have early bird check-in but the other two people do?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@breadand468 wrote:

Reposting as a reply because I don't think I did it correctly the first time.

That is correct

Goodmoto
Explorer C

I JUST got off the phone with Southwest and the agent told me that this is absolutely not correct.

Only if you have A-List will your companion be assigned a sequential boarding number. 

This applies to both Early Bird and regular check-in.

There are a number of posts containing contradicting information. I recommend calling SWA directly. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Goodmoto wrote:

I JUST got off the phone with Southwest and the agent told me that this is absolutely not correct.

Only if you have A-List will your companion be assigned a sequential boarding number. 

This applies to both Early Bird and regular check-in.

There are a number of posts containing contradicting information. I recommend calling SWA directly. 

Have to check with the OP if it worked or not - the description of sequential boarding is that it would work with any of the methods.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.