Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: EarlyBird check-in ?

bec102896
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@tdkleffman wrote:

Forum,

I purchased earlybird check-in for the first time for my upcoming flight.  From what I know about earlybird check-in, supposedly I get checked in automatically 36 hours before the flight.  Well, I checked my reservation about 20 hours in advance on both a laptop browser @ southwest.com and with the android app, there was absolutely no indication that I'd been checked in! So, I manually checked in.  Boarding pass said B2 boarding position.  I have no idea whether or not earlybird did anything.  Comments??

For A-list if I'm logged into the app I do get a pop up if you have it enabled that says "your position is A-16+... or something like that. I'm not sure if that also works with EBCI or not but I do get what seems to be an automatic check-in.

I'm vague about the distinction between being checked in at T-36 hours and then retrieving your boarding pass or "reconfirming your check in" anytime after T-24 hours. 

What is a check-in? 😂  Why are the planes blue? Existential questions.

I used to get a pop up but haven’t received one since last year but I get the random notification when they issue one like a for a sale or schedule extension.