Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Excellent Service During Difficult Time

Crissandra
Explorer C

Yesterday my 10 year old son and I had a return flight home from Albuquerque to Chicago with a stop in Denver. I was not able to do online check in 24 hours prior because we were attending my son's dad's funeral at that time. So by the time we were able to check in online, our boarding position was C-something on a completely packed flight. I tried to upgrade to a better boarding position to ensure my son was by me but it was only available on the 2nd flight, not the first. 

As we were boarding with the C group, the gate attendant let me know that she had asked the crew to save 2 seats in the back for my son and I... which they did. The flight was 100% full but they went above and beyond and held 2 seats for us without me asking. My son was so relieved and so was I. So I just wanted to show my appreciation for the crew who helped us yesterday. There was no way they could have known that we were headed home from burying his dad and their kindness was such a blessing.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Excellent Service During Difficult Time

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

So glad the ops agent and crew were able to help with getting you seats together 

if you can I would send your feedback to Southwest directly by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of this page that way they can pass on the kudos to the crew

Re: Excellent Service During Difficult Time

Crissandra
Explorer C

Thank you! I definitely will!