Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How did this happen with my reservation's group numbers?

sethuel1
Explorer C

I just checked in for a flight. My party is traveling on 2 record locators, one for myself and my 8 and 10 year old daughters, and another for my wife (companion). We checked both reservations in at exactly 24 hours out. On the first flight, despite my daughters and I being on the same record locator, I was assigned B26 and my daughters were assigned B57 and B58. My wife was assigned B27. For the second flight we are all sequential. I got A45, my daughters got A47 and A48, and my wife got A46.

How does such a large gap in boarding positions happen on the first flight, with my daughters and I being on the same record locator?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How did this happen with my reservation's group numbers?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sethuel1 wrote:

I just checked in for a flight. My party is traveling on 2 record locators, one for myself and my 8 and 10 year old daughters, and another for my wife (companion). We checked both reservations in at exactly 24 hours out. On the first flight, despite my daughters and I being on the same record locator, I was assigned B26 and my daughters were assigned B57 and B58. My wife was assigned B27. For the second flight we are all sequential. I got A45, my daughters got A47 and A48, and my wife got A46.

How does such a large gap in boarding positions happen on the first flight, with my daughters and I being on the same record locator?

It's not supposed to do that. Did you have any other factors EBCI, A-list, etc.? and/or does your wife have any of those?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: How did this happen with my reservation's group numbers?

sethuel1
Explorer C

Not really. As stated I've got a CP. I also hold a couple of Chase WN cards but obviously did not use them for anything extra on this reservation (as can be seen from the B group numbers.) My wife's got nothing of interest - Southwest-wise. She's obviously of interest in general 😉