Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to use Early Bird Checkin

sa94gi
Explorer C

Hello -

I purchased the early bird check in; it says I can check in  36 hours prior to my flight.

I tried it for my first flighton 11/29 and it did not allow me to check in prior to the 24 hour window.

What specifically do I need to do to check in? as of now, my next flight leaves 12/2 at 4:50pm so I am within the 36 hour period that the Early Bird check in states.

Please advise - thank you!!

Gina

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to use Early Bird Checkin

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You will be automatically checked-in at the 36-hour time with Early Bird.

The wording is confusing in one way - your boarding pass can still only be claimed or opened after the 24-hour mark.

There's no action for you to take during the 36 hours to 24 hours time.

But since you are already checked in, there's no need to rush to a computer at the 24-hour mark, you can claim your boarding pass anytime that is convenient prior to the flight after the 24-hour time.

The website and app buttons will still say "check in" but you are already assigned a boarding pass, your check-in will only be claiming the boarding pass for printing or upload to your phone, app, whatever.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: How to use Early Bird Checkin

malminer
Explorer C

Very difficult to check in width early bird.  Finally find out you say you automatically check me in.  I hope so. malminer