Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost Oxblood Leather Jacket LAX >> SLC 6/15/2023

annesewall
Explorer C

Hi All - 

I accidentally left a leather jacket in the overhead bin on flight 1077 from LAX to SLC. It departed at 9:25 AM on June 15, 2023. The jacket is a reddish brown color with quilted leather on the shoulders and lots of pockets, and has some bleach staining on the interior.

It is incredibly sentimental to me and despite filing a report and anxiously looking for updates, it has still not been found. 

I'm wondering if there is anything else that I can do. I know that it must have been found since it was obviously left behind in the bins, but I do not know what the process looks like after that. 

I have considered uploading a photo of what the jacket looks like from the retailer website, but I do not have any photos otherwise. 

If anyone has any tips or tricks, that would be so helpful. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Lost Oxblood Leather Jacket LAX >> SLC 6/15/2023

dfwskier
Aviator A

Morning.

SW sends all found items to a central location in Alabama. At that location an attempt is made to match found items with those that have been reported as lost. The process may take up to 30 days.

You say you reported the jacket as lost -- to SW I presume. The key is the lost item report needs as many details about your jacket as you can provide. I don't know if a picture would help

Hope you get your jacket back.