Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Oversized inflatable travel pillow

sussexmom1
Explorer C

We are looking at buying an inflatable travel pillow for a flight to Hawaii.  This is the type of pillow that rests on the tray table:  Amazon.com: JefDiee Inflatable Travel Pillow, Airplane Neck Pillow Comfortably Supports Head and Chi...

According to the reviews, "some airlines" don't allow these types of pillows as it may interfere in the case of emergency.

Would anyone know if SW is one of those airlines?  TYIA!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Oversized inflatable travel pillow

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is another case of ever-changing problems.

If I were on that flight, I would complain.  The size limits are not intended to be the starting point and then double in size.  Consider other passengers.

I'd insist on either the pillow go, you go, or I would ask for a flight on another airline.

Re: Oversized inflatable travel pillow

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@sussexmom1 wrote:

We are looking at buying an inflatable travel pillow for a flight to Hawaii.  This is the type of pillow that rests on the tray table:  Amazon.com: JefDiee Inflatable Travel Pillow, Airplane Neck Pillow Comfortably Supports Head and Chi...

According to the reviews, "some airlines" don't allow these types of pillows as it may interfere in the case of emergency.

Would anyone know if SW is one of those airlines?  TYIA!

I have been told before with the kiddos not to put so much weight on the tray table.

Could you use it without the tray table I'd say maybe yes. Deflate it when not in use.

You potentially will be asked to put it away if the FA believes it to be blocking egress. More likely to be okay if you are in the window seat.

YMMV. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.