Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Transfer of Early Bird Checkin

MarioM20425
Explorer C

I recently had to change my travel plans because of a family emergency.  I had purchased the early bird checkin in for my return flight, but had to change my flight to a couple of days later.  Doesn't the earlybird checkin transfer to the new flight since I changed my itinerary?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Transfer of Early Bird Checkin

chgoflyer
Aviator A

In general, if the confirmation number stayed the same (if you used the "change flight" option, not cancel and rebook) then the EarlyBird Check-In is supposed to transfer. To verify, view the flight on the Southwest website, under My Account > My Trips there should be a small "sunrise" icon.

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 10.53.55 PM.png

MarioM20425
Explorer C

I've checked my itinerary and there is no sunrise icon in the extras for my return trip on 6/2/17.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Two things:

1) Note that, for some reason, the icon is only shown once per itinerary, not for each flight.

icon.png

2) If your itinerary is only for the return flight and shows no icon, contact Southwest Customer Relations, as it may have fallen off due to the dreaded Southwest "glitch." (Although, at this late date with a flight tomorrow, there's nothing they can do except refund your EBCI fee.)