Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TSA PRE

rustipup
Explorer C

i just checked into my flight online, and our boarding passes say "TSA PRE" what does this mean/entail?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: TSA PRE

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It means that you can utilize the TSA PreCheck line instead of the normal security line if you'd like. If you use the PreCheck line you don’t need to remove your shoes, laptops, liquids, belts and light jackets. It's typically faster than the regular security line and there's no undressing required.

TSA randomly selects some passengers who don't already have a Known Traveler Number to get this service. It's their way of letting people try it out, hoping they will sign up for it.  

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

You can go to the security line tsa pre. Most airport keep shoes on and laptop in bag.

@16fseataFFBK

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

At Midway you would hang to the right and get screened at the rear TSA station. Even if you see a longer line at TSA Pre than the general gates, stick with it - you'll save the time with shoes, laptop, etc.

Your mileage might vary at your own airport, but I've found it to be a consistent time saver at some of the larger locations MDW, LAS, MCO.

TPA was one where they let more people try it out, but still usually shorter than the regular line.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.