Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Travel

Everything from checking bags to boarding
the plane is a little different when you’re doing
it as a family, and Southwest is here to help.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheelchair assistance inquiry

mcmdkdd

I am traveling round trip with a family member from ONT to DAL in April with someone who needs  wheelchair assistance to get to/from gate in ONT and DAL

how to I request that?  Thanks so much 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Wheelchair assistance inquiry

basslaw2010
Solution

You can have it added onto the reservation but, when you arrive at the airpot, you will still need to let an Agent know that you need a wheelchair and they will summon it for you.

mcmdkdd

Thank you very much.   I called Southwest and they added it to the reservation and said I need to ask the first SW employee we see when we get to the airport.   Thanks 

mcmdkdd

Thank you very much. I called Southwest and they added it to the reservation and said I need to ask the first SW employee we see when we get to the airport.   Thanks 

DancingDavidE
Top Contributer

For others reading this thread that use Twitter, you can also reach out to @SouthwestAir and inquire about wheelchair assistance. Don't send any identifying information such as your confirmation number until they ask for a direct message.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

wahyd
New Arrival

You can visit this blog for your assistance. Visit https://www.wahyd.com/blog/wheelchair-van-rentals-in-chicago/ .