Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Where is the heart?

jschulte10
Explorer C

I have been a devout Southwest customer for years, and have had nothing but great experiences. My favorite part is hearing all of the great customer service stories that make it out. Today, I needed my own story as I inadvertenly booked a flight to my own wedding on the incorrect date. I was supposed to fly out on 7/26, but inadvertantly booked the flight for 7/27 and noticed when I went to check in. I tried to go online and change my flight, but hte cheapest option was $600 for a one way ticket, which I frankly cannot afford. As a last resort, and for the first time ever, I called cutomer service to tell my story and hope that I would recieve some of the "Heart" that is advertised all over. Instead I was met with nothing. No help. No compassion. Nothing. I was told to book the $600 flight and that I was trying to "make up a fare that does not exist". I am not trying ot make up a fare. I made an honest mistake and was confident that, since there are open seats on the flight, Southwest would understand and help me through this situation. This would have been the best story in the world and something I would have never forgot! Southwest was going to understand that I am a person that made a mistake, am a loyal customer, and would love to help! Instead, I was told "too bad". Although I do understand I made a mistake, I extremly disappointed in the lack of compassion or frankly any type of assistnace to help me make it to my big day. This is now another type of story that I will never forget. Thank you for the great memories.