Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why I Love Southwest

JosephParenzan
Explorer C

Last week i received an email from another airline in response to their recent wave of service failures. It is still in my inbox as I have yet to remove it because seeing it their reminds me of what being better is. I wont give you the details of the entire email but some of the points brought up were: "Actions speaking louder than words, making sure i reach my destination on time, being treated with the highest level of service and the deepest respect." This email moved me to do some research on this other airline only to notice that every flight I was on with them over the last two years was delayed in some way or another. When the flights are overbooked and an extra seat is needed I have offered myself up numerous times however I am declined each time as they cannot move me to an earlier flight without charging me for it. In my frustration I tried to reach out to this airline to share my displeasure with their service and business practices, I wasn't able to get any contact information. Then I realized I should stop wasting my efforts trying to correct a systematic failure and start applauding the cultural success I witness weekly with Southwest. Each time I fly I take a minute to reflect on the fact that the culture of Southwest guaruntees that what ever can be done will be done to ensure their commitment to me is made. I take a minute to thank the gate agent and the customer service representatives. I try to bring a small bag of chocolate for the flight crew and I do my best to reflect that same standard of human concern that I see from the Southwest team in my interactions with others. Thanks!!