Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

transferring business select class to wanna get away

mostlysolo
Explorer C

I have purchased a round trip business select class ticket. I want to change it to a different day and I want to make it wanna get away fare price. I will be flying quite a bit in the upcoming months and will be able to use leftover credit or travel funds with no problem. My question is original ticket cost almost $900. Will that amount be available in travel funds? And whats the best way to do this? Cancel and rebook?  or just change flight? My husbands company pays business select fare  for me to travel to see him but I would like to be able to get a couple trips out of that fare.

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: transferring business select class to wanna get away

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Cancel the Business Select flight and you'll get a cash refund, although it's not an immediate refund, then make whatever purchase you want.  Unless you don't want a cash refund because it would go back to the company?  I believe there is an option to hold the funds as travel funds, which would expire one year from the original purchase date and could only be used by you.  One of the main benefits of BS fares is refundability.

Re: transferring business select class to wanna get away

mostlysolo
Explorer C

Thanks for the reply! I dont want cash refund because it would just go back on company cc. I just want to make sure when I cancel my flight I will get same amount in travel funds. I'm planning on using them to take several trips.... His company will be paying for me to fly several times and although they pay for BS class I dont need it and would rather have the travel funds!