Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Free WiFi doesn't work for A-List Preferred?

dsn0625
Explorer A

I've been an A List preferred for several years and typically use the free WiFi feature. For some reason, today on 2 flights, I can't sign on. I enter my credentials and I get directed to a page to buy it. During my layover, I tried to message Southwest and didn't get much other than "sorry". While on my 2nd flight I used the chat feature and the agent said my A List status is in good I'm using an iPhone 8. Has anyone had a similar problem? I love Southwest, but overall their WiFi leaves a lot to be desired. That said, I've never had a problem like this....

I thought it maay be an iphone problem  but I also tried my laptop and the same thing happens  Flight attendants confirmed on both flights that "the WiFi is working"

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Free WiFi doesn't work for A-List Preferred?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Sorry for your troubles. I tend to agree that the WiFi is not perfect; I often experience issues, and it's often the case where the entertainment will work but the browsing won't. But it has gotten better, in my opinion. 

I have not experienced specifically what you describe, but I would keep a few things in mind:

• Try the old "clear the cache" trick and try again.
  • WiFi is the last thing on FAs' minds, so their version of "working" is that the green indicator light is on, typically, but that doesn't necessarily translate to actually working. At least in my experience. 
  • I would give it one more goon your next flight; if you experience the same, I would reach out to the Twitter team and describe all the issues you have had and the specific steps you have taken. When you can prove that this is actually an ongoing issue, they might can take steps to resolve. Could have just been and "off day." 🙂

Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dsn0625
Explorer A

Thanks for the feedback. I'm flying again next week so I'll see how my access works. I did get feedback from Southwest - if I can't get free access, pay the $8 for it and ask for reimbursement. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

If you are using autofil when you log in, that might be the problem. If your credentials managed to get messed up, then the messed up credentials would be input by autofil.

Try manually typing in your credentials.

dsn0625
Explorer A

I've always typed my credentials in with no issue.  The good news is that I'm on a Southwest flight right now and had no problems signing in. I guess my last two flights were anomalies....