Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How is the WIFI on SW?

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

How is the WIFI on SW? is it pretty good, reliable? Are there incidents where the WIFI went out or was broken?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How is the WIFI on SW?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Have you seached for posts about the topic? There are a lot of them.

I bet that by reading some of them you could probably answer your question.

byrdbrain591
Adventurer C

Sorry. I'm a newbie here. I'll do what you suggest.

dfwskier
Aviator A

No need to appologize. I did that to educate people (other than you who might read this) to search the community.

bec102896
Aviator A

Personally it's hit and miss for me although I think it has gotten much better this year compared to 2018. In the last week I was on 6 flights only 1 had no WiFi. 

Keep in mind the WiFi won't work for streaming services and a couple other things are blocked to try and make the WiFi experience better for everyone. 

-Blake

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

You can indeed read a lot about it by searching here.

For me, the cliff notes version is that it works ok for web browsing, but it is rather unrealiable.  When it works, it is fine, but I never bank on it in case it is down.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@byrdbrain591  Oh, this wifi has not been working for not quite of times, but for a long times. Believe me, I wouldn't spend another few of eight dollars for broken down wifi.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@DfDrPepper_23 wrote:

@byrdbrain591  Oh, this wifi has not been working for not quite of times, but for a long times. Believe me, I wouldn't spend another few of eight dollars for broken down wifi.

Last month I think you were telling everyone that you wanted to find a way to "turn off" your userid for the community. Any luck in that endeavor?