Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A 10+ year love affair with SWA

CatBrewer
Explorer C

Hi there!

My name is Cat Brewer, and I've been a teacher for the past 24 years. 10 years ago, I started producing the documentary Sign the Show, and every flight I took from 2014-2024 was on Southwest Airlines; I sometimes felt I was in the air than I was in my actual physical home.

Over those 10 years, I met some of the most amazing people seated next to me in the air - and I’m proud to say I’m still friends with some of them; one even became an Executive Producer on my film.

In 2019, when I flew to LA to meet up with my EP Matt Maxey for our appearance on The Kelly Clarkson Show, a SWA flight attendant made an announcement telling people to tune in to watch me discuss the film.

On March 20th, the day before my little indie film started streaming on AppleTV, Tubi, Google Play, and YouTube, on my flight back from LA, I was bursting and asked one of the attendants if they could make an announcement asking the passengers to watch out for my film.  Instead, they invited me up to the front of the plane to tell everyone myself, and this pic shows what happened at the end of my announcement.

Thank you, SWA, for too many flights to count, your friendly pilots, attendants, gate agents, baggage claim folks, and everyone else who made my air travel possible so this film could be what it is today!

PS. Please let me know if you ever want to include Sign the Show as part of your in-flight entertainment; it would be an honor. 

With gratitude + cheers,

Cat

SWA ILY.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: A 10+ year love affair with SWA

dfwskier
Aviator A

Way to go, Cal!!

Thanks for sharing.