Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Be Aware of Spilled Drinks

RachelE
Explorer C

So I had another passenger’s soda spilled onto my Mac book laptop computer by the flight attendant and I was told that the airline is not responsible for a passenger’s carry on belongings. See the response I got below: 

“I can certainly understand your lingering concerns and sentiments behind this situation. Nonetheless, we truly do rely on a mutual responsibility from our Customers to ensure that they are aware of the agreed Contract of Carriage which ultimately mentions that we as the airline are not responsible for carryon items.”

1 REPLY 1

Re: Be Aware of Spilled Drinks

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@RachelE wrote:

So I had another passenger’s soda spilled onto my Mac book laptop computer by the flight attendant and I was told that the airline is not responsible for a passenger’s carry on belongings. See the response I got below: 

“I can certainly understand your lingering concerns and sentiments behind this situation. Nonetheless, we truly do rely on a mutual responsibility from our Customers to ensure that they are aware of the agreed Contract of Carriage which ultimately mentions that we as the airline are not responsible for carryon items.”

Hello!

It appears that you had already reached out to Customer Relations on this and they responded. As this forum is a customer-to-customer message board, this issue unfortunately won't likely be resolved here.

If you believe and witnessed any possible negligence of the Flight Attendant when your fellow passenger's soft drink was being served, try reaching out to Customer Relations again but describe the suspected negligence in better detail. I don't think this will qualify for any damage claim compensation whatsoever under SW's Carriage policy but I would try reaching out again if you saw and believe there was negligence.