Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do Klm Airlines Allow To Change Misspelled Name On Ticket?

millerjack
Explorer C

Hi Everyone! I booked my ticket with KLM Airlines and noticed that my first name was entered as a last name on the ticket. Do any of you know the KLM passenger name change policy? Did the KLM allow name modification? Please share your suggestions and experience. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Do Klm Airlines Allow To Change Misspelled Name On Ticket?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Maybe you should ask KLM.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@millerjack wrote:

Hi Everyone! I booked my ticket with KLM Airlines and noticed that my first name was entered as a last name on the ticket. Do any of you know the KLM passenger name change policy? Did the KLM allow name modification? Please share your suggestions and experience. 

Hello-

I would not attempt to process a name change transaction through the linked Flying Rules website's phone number as this third-party service has received numerous negative reviews on its fees. Its information articles appear to have fairly accurate info but I would not dial their number nor use their paid services.

I took a quick look at KLM's website and you should contact that airline directly as this customer-to-customer message board is for Southwest Airlines, not KLM.

Looks like this international carrier has some very nice amenities and services for their long-distance overseas flights; I would assume they would process your request as a courtesy.

robertfare16
Explorer C

Southwest doesn’t fly to Asia, Europe or Africa . So have limited alliance partner. KLM is not southwest airlines alliance partner. You can't book KLM flight using southwest airlines points. So to change name on ticket you have to visit KLM official website.  Southwest has interline agreement with Westjet. 

Also If you are looking to change name on southwest flight ticket than you can visit southwest official website or can read step by step guide to edit name here southwest name change rules.  

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@robertfare16 wrote:

Southwest doesn’t fly to Asia, Europe or Africa . So have limited alliance partner. KLM is not southwest airlines alliance partner. You can't book KLM flight using southwest airlines points. So to change name on ticket you have to visit KLM official website.  Southwest has interline agreement with Westjet. 

Also If you are looking to change name on southwest flight ticket than you can visit southwest official website or can read step by step guide to edit name here  .  

Last time I checked, WestJet has no interline partnership with Southwest:

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/who-we-are/airline-partners

In the case of a name change for a Southwest flight, always go through directly to Southwest Customer Service via the Southwest official website and never attempt to process a name change transaction with a third-party provider or via a third-party phone number.

Southwest's official numbers:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/More-phone-numbers-contact-options

epcot
Adventurer C

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@epcot wrote:

There is a cargo interline with Westjet https://www.swacargo.com/swacargo_com_ui/ship/facilities/interline-destinations/

Interesting to know. 

I guess the statement "Southwest has interline agreement with Westjet" may be true but it would be for cargo. However, the discussion context on this thread appeared to focus on making name changes to reservations and booking non-SW flights with points. No mentioning of cargo. Thus, it would be way too easy to misinterpret this statement.