Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Lost iPad on Southwest Airlines 2803

jihyocheon
Explorer C

I left my iPad Pro with pencil on the airplane for a flight from LAX to DAL on Feb 23.

So I wrote the lost report and I updated the report every day. That's because my iPad keeps moving.

By the 'find my apple app'

Fed 25, it was in DEN airport. Fed 26, was in Jeppesen Terminal. Fed 27, also was in Jeppesen Terminal(Southwest Airlines Baggage Service)

So I thought that Southwest would send me an email. But it moved to Memphis International Airport on Feb 29.

Finally, now it is in Highlands Medical Center...

I also called the service center, but they told me to just write a report and hung up.

My report number is 2001833.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Lost iPad on Southwest Airlines 2803

jihyocheon
Explorer C

IMG_0920.PNG

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@jihyocheon wrote:

I left my iPad Pro with pencil on the airplane for a flight from LAX to DAL on Feb 23.

So I wrote the lost report and I updated the report every day. That's because my iPad keeps moving.

Fed 25, it was in DEN airport. Fed 26, was in Jeppesen Terminal. Fed 27, also was in Jeppesen Terminal(Southwest Airlines Baggage Service)

So I thought that Southwest would send me an email. But it moved to Memphis International Airport on Feb 29.

I also called the service center, but they told me to just write a report and hung up.

Hi! Looks like your location tracker is doing its job!

This forum is customer-to-customer and unfortunately, any updates to your claim cannot be provided here. I assume you already filed the Lost and Found Report as you were provided with the Report Number.

To follow up with Southwest, go here:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/I-lost-a-carryon-item-during-my-travel

Click on "Lost and Found Report", "I Left Items on the Plane", "Manage My Report".

From the login portal, verify your last name with your Report Number. Verify that you're not a robot and it should take you to the portal where you can follow up with your claim.  From there, I would provide the staff that your location tracker is reporting that it has been traced to the hospital which signals that somebody may have taken it or mis-claimed it from the airport lost and found.

I would also get a hold of the Highlands Medical Center security and report that you have lost property from a flight that has been traced to the hospital. They may be able to help you directly with this. Hopefully it is currently at the Hospital Lost and Found now. Give this a try.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@jihyocheon wrote:

Hi! Looks like your location tracker is doing its job!

This forum is customer-to-customer and unfortunately, any updates to your claim cannot be provided here. I assume you already filed the Lost and Found Report as you were provided with the Report Number.

To follow up with Southwest, go here:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/I-lost-a-carryon-item-during-my-travel

Click on "Lost and Found Report", "I Left Items on the Plane", "Manage My Report".

From the login portal, verify your last name with your Report Number. Verify that you're not a robot and it should take you to the portal where you can follow up with your claim.  From there, I would provide the staff that your location tracker is reporting that it has been traced to the hospital which signals that somebody may have taken it or mis-claimed it from the airport lost and found.

I would also get a hold of the Highlands Medical Center security and report that you have lost property from a flight that has been traced to the hospital. They may be able to help you directly with this. Hopefully it is currently at the Hospital Lost and Found now. Give this a try.

There is still a chance - the "Aero Services" company that processes all of the Southwest (and other airlines?) lost items is in Scottsboro, AL.

The GPS signal may be off a little bit.

You can try this, I don't know if it is current. Leave a message, they don't pick up: 256-999-0980

You'll need to describe the item hopefully including serial number, date you saw it show up there, and any distinctive case or stickers that may be on it.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Yup, it looks like your item is in Alabama - where the airline sends all the stuff it finds.

Make sure your lost item report includes a serial number and there's a pretty good chance that you'll get it back. It can take up to 30 day.s

Good luck