Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

1 credit card used by me and spouse but points are separate?

dmspen
Explorer C

We have a Southwest card used by me and the wife, same number, exp date, etc. However, our points are saved per person/login, not as one account. Is there any way for these points to be shared across logins? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 1 credit card used by me and spouse but points are separate?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I don't think there is a way for one Chase CC with one account number can result in points going into two different RR accounts.

dmspen
Explorer C

But that's exactly what happens. We have the same number on our card. She gets separate points when she uses the card. When she logs into SW, she has JUST her points. When I log into SW I have my points. Doesn't make sense to me.

Using the same card (with the same number) should result in total account points regardless of who is using it.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Arghhh I inadvertantly hit the solution button instead of the comment button , and I cant find a way to remove the solution -- sorry.

When you get your monthly statement, does the statement show that points are going to two RR accounts? 

Since Southwest adds points to accounts at Chase's direction, the only way to fix this is to contact Chase.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Arghhh I inadvertantly hit the solution button instead of the comment button , and I cant find a way to remove the solution -- sorry.

Click into the "gear" and there is an option to say "not the solution" which should be available to the champions and also the OP.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

When you get your monthly statement, does the statement show that points are going to two RR accounts? 

Since Southwest adds points to accounts at Chase's direction, the only way to fix this is to contact Chase.

Just to clarify @dmspen - the credit card points should go into only one of your rapid rewards accounts, and then you each should have separate RR accounts that will show your own points from flights (hotels, etc.)

So for instance your wife may get all the CC points and then see her own flight points, and then you may login and see only your own flight points. (or vice versa)

See if that's the case. You shouldn't both see the CC points from the same credit card on your individual RR accounts.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.