Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2024 Bonus Categories - Southwest Card

epcot
Adventurer C

Anyone else get this offer? I was issued entirely new bonus categories for the rest of the year on my Southwest card

myAccount-LP-ECM-test-938x160.png

Congrats—you'll enjoy this new benefit all year long.
Good news: you'll now earn 3X total points for every $1 spent with your Rapid Rewards® Credit Card on gas stations, grocery stores, and dining purchases for the rest of the year!

The points you earn on these purchases will be in addition to all Rapid Rewards® Credit Card offer points and Rapid Rewards® Credit Card promotions points.

And, yes, the points earned from these purchases will count toward Companion Pass®.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: 2024 Bonus Categories - Southwest Card

John_Ocampos
Explorer C
I'm new to the forum and just came across this discussion on the 2024 bonus categories for the Southwest Card. It's great to see such an active community sharing insights and tips on making the most out of our rewards. I recently got my Southwest Card and am eager to maximize my points for future travels. From what I've gathered, staying updated on the changing bonus categories is key to earning points more efficiently. I'd appreciate any advice on strategies for keeping track of these changes and making sure I'm always earning the maximum points possible. Do any of you use specific apps or have a system in place for this? Also, I'm curious about how you all plan your spending to align with these categories. Are there any particular categories you find more beneficial than others, or any tips for newcomers on how to leverage these bonuses effectively? Lastly, if there are any unexpected categories that were particularly rewarding, I'd love to hear about those experiences. It's always helpful to learn from the community's diverse strategies and successes.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@John_Ocampos wrote:
I'm new to the forum and just came across this discussion on the 2024 bonus categories for the Southwest Card. It's great to see such an active community sharing insights and tips on making the most out of our rewards. I recently got my Southwest Card and am eager to maximize my points for future travels. From what I've gathered, staying updated on the changing bonus categories is key to earning points more efficiently. 

Personally I use it for almost everything already to maximize points, but there might be a few cases where they are competing with another card for specific purchases and that's up to you.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

bballflyer
Adventurer C

I check frequently for promotions that they will have on your RR account.  I am not sure, but I also think that the different credit cards receive different offers.  I started getting better offers when I upgraded to the priority card than my husband who had not upgraded.  I also suspect the offers may be geared toward your spending habits as our offers are slightly different even now that he has upgraded to priority.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bballflyer wrote:

I check frequently for promotions that they will have on your RR account.  I am not sure, but I also think that the different credit cards receive different offers.  I started getting better offers when I upgraded to the priority card than my husband who had not upgraded.  I also suspect the offers may be geared toward your spending habits as our offers are slightly different even now that he has upgraded to priority.  

I think you are right, you may have other cards in your portfolio and they can tell that you aren't buying gas with it for example. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Love your username! 

I'll have to check on the offer, didn't see it yet. It might be specific to one of the card lines Priority, Premier, I don't remember all of them.

Supervisor
Explorer C

I saw that I was registered in this same promotion in my account but I have more that one card and I can't find out what card this promotion goes to. The small print doesn't do any good either.

Any help would help.

taylorsnm
Explorer C

Anyone have a take on how long it usually takes this to update? I still haven't received by 25% bonus on all purchases from Oct through January and blew through the spending limit required. And my chase statement still lists food, gas and groceries under "other purchases " at 1x.

Any help from you SW veterans would be appreciated!

dfwskier
Aviator A

Typically the T&Cs of these tyes of promotions say it can take up to 8 weeks from the end of the promotions for the points to show up

jnross23
Explorer C

I got this offer and noticed on the Southwest app it had an area that said I was signed up for it. Now, that area is no where to be found and I haven’t been credited for 3x points yet. However, a new promotion popped up for April - June for 5x rewards in the same categories and on my Chase app it is already showing my pending purchases with the 5x rewards points. I know calling is a nightmare so I wonder if anyone has noticed the same.