Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Adding 2nd RR

liquidimports
Explorer C

I've booked a flight for both my wife and myself using my Rapid Rewards® account. Would it be beneficial for her to enroll in Rapid Rewards® so I can include her account on the flight reservation? Will this action reduce the total points I'll earn for the flight in my account?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Adding 2nd RR

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@liquidimports wrote:

Would it be beneficial for her to enroll in Rapid Rewards® so I can include her account on the flight reservation

Yes! Having her account she'll be able to earn points and you can submit prior confirmation numbers to get points retroactively up to a point. She can also login and see her flights, get boarding passes, etc. 

Will this action reduce the total points I'll earn for the flight in my account?

No, the points are earned for the passenger flying no matter who buys the tickets and what account was logged in at the time of the purchase. 

If the purchase is on your credit card you still get the 1x points for all purchases plus 1x points for buying on Southwest.com (if you used the web) and then each passenger gets their own 6x per WGA fare (higher for the other fares up to 12x for Business Select) no matter who purchased and who was logged in - each person needs their own RR account to earn the flight points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Adding 2nd RR

bec102896
Aviator A

Yes I’d recommend having your wife create an account that way she can earn points as well as you and eventually she will earn enough points for a free flight since points don’t expire so even if she flies once a year those points will still be there. You can’t earn her points so don’t throw them away and you each earn the points per dollar on the flight depending on your fare class (WGA, WGA+, Anytime, Business Select) you earn 6-12X points per dollar you won’t get less points because she creates an account you would both earn the same if you paid the same cost