Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Annoyed w/ Points Transfer between Accounts

alexclatterbuck
Explorer B

Which do you think is more clear, what you just wrote or the copy I wrote above?  

If we put the two of these in front of 10 people, which do you think would have a higher success rate of someone understanding what they are doing?  

bearomo11
Explorer C

Alex, 

I am totally with you and your girlfriend. I think we have a case...I interpreted this process exactly as you did and I found others. Would you like to connect outside of a southwest community and see what we can do? 

Bea

dfwskier
Aviator A

What did your girlfriend not understand when the page asked for credit/debit card details for PAYMENT?

I'm sorry she made a mistake in transferring points. It is almost always a bad deal, but she was asked to make a PAYMENT -that was clear.. 

alexclatterbuck
Explorer B

Bro, we get that you understand it.  We now also understand it. 

Our point is that it can be more clear. So that people don’t make mistakes. 

You’re perfect, and haven’t made a mistake, so this thread probably isn’t for you. 

alexclatterbuck
Explorer B

The fact that you said “it can’t be made more clear” and “just read the terms of service in the future” shows your creative capacity doesn’t exist. 

It can very easily be made more clear.  I took 15 seconds and rewrote the copy. 

It’s predatory as it stands now, and the fact that Southwest simply blames its partner is apathetic and lazy. Take some ownership and make it more clear. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

a statement that you have to make a payment of $X seems pretty clear.

This is my last post on the topic. You think it's predatory. I don't.

So be it.

bearomo11
Explorer C

I agree. In my opinion there is ill intent in a company that should be totally trusted. 

These are some examples: 

Why would you have this option under a title that says "Make the most of your points" and use the word "SHARE" for the transferring of points? It is objectively misleading. 

bearomo11_0-1713827140017.png

I'd like to bring this conversation out of this Southwest community, but I don't know how we could do it. I mean to connect without giving private information to the whole world. 

Thanks, 

B