Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Are RR points are used to book flights and we cancel flight, are points returned?

hfmaldonado81
Explorer C

I plan on using my points to book 3 flights, but if something occurs, and we are not able to fly, will the points be returned back to the account? Flights would be "Wanna Get Away" tickets.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Are RR points are used to book flights and we cancel flight, are points returned?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Points tickets are fully refundable that includes the government fees so the points will go back into the account they came out of should you cancel and the government fee can be held as a travel fund or refunded to the credit card.

happy travels

Blake 

Re: Are RR points are used to book flights and we cancel flight, are points returned?

MikeS
Explorer C

If the points were used to book tickets for someone else and they need to cancel do the points return to my account and fees to my Credit Card?

franktravel
Aviator B

The points go back into the Rapid Reward account they came out of.  The fees go back on the credit card that was used if you choose refund to credit card. 

Good Luck!