Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Chase Customer Support disappointing

65gt350
Explorer C

I applied for a Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card through Chase over a month ago and their customer support is horrible.  I never heard after about two weeks, so I contacted them by phone.  After going to several support personnel they asked me to send additional verification documentation to verify my identity, which I did.  Still no follow up from Chase.  I called today and got passed around several times without resolution as they told me I need to reapply.  I have been using Southwest for 10 years and have excellent credit, so the only issue I have is with Chase and their support.  I am hoping this gets to someone with Southwest and find another credit card company to support this program as I will not apply with Chase ever again. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Chase Customer Support disappointing

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@65gt350 wrote:

I applied for a Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card through Chase over a month ago and their customer support is horrible.  I never heard after about two weeks, so I contacted them by phone.  After going to several support personnel they asked me to send additional verification documentation to verify my identity, which I did.  Still no follow up from Chase.  I called today and got passed around several times without resolution as they told me I need to reapply.  I have been using Southwest for 10 years and have excellent credit, so the only issue I have is with Chase and their support.  I am hoping this gets to someone with Southwest and find another credit card company to support this program as I will not apply with Chase ever again. 

Hello!

I would try this page:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/education/basics/how-to-check-credit-card-application-st...

Go to "How else can I check my credit card application status?" and try the phone number there instead of their general customer service number. If Chase still comes back and advises you to re-apply, I would first try to verify if the first application was even received and processed. If Chase is unable to verify this for you, you can also check your credit report for the hard-inquiry regarding this application to be sure. The same article shows you how you can check this for free or you can go here.

https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/free-credit-reports

If you applied through the mail, I would give them at least another week to respond as it does take the bank some time process paper applications.