Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass- Transferring Marriott Points

guemplej
Explorer C

I started traveling more towards the end of the year and look like I'm going to finish the year with around 100,000 companion points.  If this were the case and I transferred 30,000 of my Marriott Points for 10,000 Rapid Rewards Points...would they counts towards companion pass to get me to 110,000? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion Pass- Transferring Marriott Points

franktravel
Aviator B

Companion Pass

A Member who earns 110,000 Companion Pass Qualifying Points through Rapid Rewards Partners or who flies 100 qualifying one-way flights booked through Southwest Airlines per calendar year will qualify for a Companion Pass. “Companion Pass Qualifying Points” are earned from your revenue flights booked through Southwest Airlines, your points earned on Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Credit Cards, and your base points earned from Rapid Rewards Partners.  

Marriott is a Rapid Reward partner so the way I read this, they count towards the pass.

Good Luck!  Great perk, I have had for over 5 years and 50 round trips! 

josephnvu
Explorer C

I had a similar question as above, so I really want to make sure.  I have a Sapphire Reserved card that I have accrued over 110,000 points.  I have only like 20,000 points in Southwest.  If I transfer from Sapphire 90,000 points over, would I qualify for the companion pass the next year?  And when we say "year" are we talking Calendar Years?  I guess the real question is: all points that are transferrable, aren't they all Rapid Reward Partners? 

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi

Be careful!  You may want to call and make sure.  After March, transferred points/partner points do not count towards Companion pass. If you were to earn the Companion pass now it would be good for the rest of 2017 and all of 2018.

Good luck! 

aitalam
Explorer C

hey, I too have 100,000 sapphire points, when call SWA, they didnt knwo if they woudl count towards companion. ???  Ive heard some say it woudl until March 2017?  Any truth?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hotel transfers will once again be eligible for Companion Pass qualification, but only through March 31, 2017.