Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass Woes

mcwearytraveler
Explorer C

I received the companion pass for the first time this year.  I've not been able to access electronically as advertised all year.  My wife (Companion) has traveled with me numerous times (10+) by calling the 800 number.  Today (Nov 1) we woke up early to get on and reserve our seats for a flight she verbally confirmed July 15 and she did not have a reservation.  We have never had previous flights confirmed via email and not all show up until the day before on my app.  These flights ended up being sold out both ways so we could not be accomodated.  Our only option is to take a much later connecting flight (both ways) for which we had to pay more.  SWA has offered to refund the difference in fares as even the connections were much more expensive and $100 voucher.  My position is I want my direct flights and include my wife on the flight or treated as in past for bumped or delays ($200+ per person) as the error for me being "bumped" was their incompetence.  Any experiences that can be shared?