Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass notification email

rtsang
Explorer C

Does anyone know when will the notification email be sent out for the short-term companion pass promotion that starts on Jan 8th? Want to get things done and book it on Jan 8 but don't have the email yet (2 days left before Jan 8th).

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion pass notification email

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@rtsang wrote:

Does anyone know when will the notification email be sent out for the short-term companion pass promotion that starts on Jan 8th? Want to get things done and book it on Jan 8 but don't have the email yet (2 days left before Jan 8th).

Our confirmation had come some time ago at the end of the promotional window. 

I don't know if you get anything else until it is active on the 8th. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

rtsang
Explorer C

Thank you. I did have that email shortly after I qualified for the Companion Pass. I was expecting some more details showing how to add the companion. I called SW and they checked and told me the system is not allowing companion to be added until the 8th. Did anyone experience something different? Just checking.

dfwskier
Aviator A

My understanding is that no one has ever been able to add a companion until the pass is active.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@rtsang wrote:

Hola:

See me reply in the separate thread:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Promotional-Companion-Pass/m-p/167444/highlight/tru...

I would expect the instructions email to arrive sometime in the morning of 1/8. My reply includes what the email should look like (based on a prior promo CP) and what to expect.

rtsang
Explorer C

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is my first CP so a bit apprehensive, not wanting to miss anything that jeopardizes my travel plan. Keeping my fingers crossed.