Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Creative Ways to Earn Southwest Reward Points

Andysouthwest
Adventurer C

Looks like I will be short to earn companion pass this year since there has been no multipliers on credit card purchases. Looking for creative ways to earn companion pass points. I am aware of shopping, dinning , car rentals and hotels. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Creative Ways to Earn Southwest Reward Points

bec102896
Aviator A

A couple of business select flights? 

Andysouthwest
Adventurer C

Already ready have companion pass but thanks. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Andysouthwest wrote:

Already ready have companion pass but thanks. 

You can still use your current companion pass on BS flights, the only trick is that the companion won't get sequential boarding position.

The 12x points is the best way to make a big leap in point earning.

Also look at RocketMiles if you have any hotel stays coming up later this year.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I'd book one or more hotel stays via Southwest and look for the hotel offers with bonus points. I've gotten thousands of extra points that way, they regularly offer 1,000 - 10,000 or more bonus points.

--Jessica

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Have you registered for the promotion that is out there:  earn a 25% bonus when you register and make purchase on your rapid rewards credit card.  (7/1/23-9/30/23)

This is the second one they have done this year.

Andysouthwest
Adventurer C

I have registered but perhaps u can help me with this. Few days ago I was given 90 action reward points bonus. This does not make sense for the 25% offer when I spent approximately $8000 in that time period. Perhaps I am wrong to think this action reward bonus just given is from the credit card but I can not get an answer from Southwest. Thanks