Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Credit Card Promotions

ealbark123
Explorer C

Today they've posted a 6X points bonus for the SW Credit Cards up to $500 SW purchases.  Does the $500 limit typically apply to each credit card if you have both a personal and business card? For example, if I use the personal card for $500 and the business card for $500 purchases on SW, do we get the promotional bonus (3000 points) for both cards? OR is the total limit of $500 applied across both cards?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Credit Card Promotions

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

Not sure exactly, but think it would be more tied to the RR # for the bonus as that is what you are registering.

Re: Credit Card Promotions

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@ealbark123 wrote:

Today they've posted a 6X points bonus for the SW Credit Cards up to $500 SW purchases.  Does the $500 limit typically apply to each credit card if you have both a personal and business card? For example, if I use the personal card for $500 and the business card for $500 purchases on SW, do we get the promotional bonus (3000 points) for both cards? OR is the total limit of $500 applied across both cards?

The fine print that I'm seeing is that it is across all cards together:

DancingDavidE_0-1704803633897.png

*To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must register between 1/8/2024 12:00 a.m. ET and 1/14/2024 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotional Period”). During the Promotional Period you will qualify for and earn a total of 6 Rapid Rewards®points for each $1 spent with any Rapid Rewards Credit Card, on up to $500.00 in total purchases, made directly with Southwest Airlines®, including flight, inflight, Southwest® gift card, Rapid Rewards Points Center, and on Southwest Vacations® packages ("Qualifying Purchases"). That's 4 bonus points on top of the 2 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with the Rapid Rewards Plus or Employee Credit Cards, or 3 bonus points on top of the 3 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with a Rapid Rewards Priority or Premier Credit Card, or 2 bonus points on top of the 4 points already earned on Qualifying Purchases made with a Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card, or 5 bonus points made with any remaining Rapid Rewards Credit Cards. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.