Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Credit card TQP showing as Zero towards total?

ElysianPS
Explorer C

I have a Chase Southwest Priority card and when I check my Points Activity it shows the  Flight category points with Companion and Tier Points. Under Credit card it shows the Companion Points. There is another Credit Card Category with Tier Qualifying Points of 1500 but showing Zero (0) points towards my total? Is this correct or am I not getting these TQPs? This is the same for every month.SW POints.jpg 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Credit card TQP showing as Zero towards total?

bballflyer
Adventurer C

It took me a wile to understand their postings;  You are getting the points, it is just that they have two lines one for tier qualifying and one for the points that are available for you to use toward a flight.  The 8K points are the credit card points you see in your total to use toward new flights, in addition that entire amount also counts toward companion fare.  You will also get 1500 for every $5000 CC dollars spent, so it has different row that shows 0 additional points because you do not get these as additional points available for use to fly because that was included in the 8K line:  This $0 line is to increase your tier qualifying points only.    It is broken out a little different than your flight that shows both in the one line; you will always have some portion of a paid flight go toward Tier status, but you may not have a portion of your credit card;  For example if the CC was only 3000 you would not get the tier status allocation because you did not reach the 5K required.  

Re: Credit card TQP showing as Zero towards total?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bballflyer wrote:

It took me a wile to understand their postings;  You are getting the points, it is just that they have two lines one for tier qualifying and one for the points that are available for you to use toward a flight.  The 8K points are the credit card points you see in your total to use toward new flights, in addition that entire amount also counts toward companion fare.  You will also get 1500 for every $5000 CC dollars spent, so it has different row that shows 0 additional points because you do not get these as additional points available for use to fly because that was included in the 8K line:  This $0 line is to increase your tier qualifying points only.    It is broken out a little different than your flight that shows both in the one line; you will always have some portion of a paid flight go toward Tier status, but you may not have a portion of your credit card;  For example if the CC was only 3000 you would not get the tier status allocation because you did not reach the 5K required.  

To simplify - the TQP are "theoretical" for your status and in this case they don't equate to having actual rapid reward points to redeem and they do not equate to having more CP qualifying points either.

Most points you earn from flights will show up as TQP, CP, and RR but these 1,500 point bonuses are only contributing to TQP.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.