Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Going to miss A List Preferred by 6 "flights".. guess I should have gotten a southwest Credit Card?

I_Fly_2_Much
Explorer C

So.. getting on 80+ different aircraft, with 80+ different flight number equals ony 44 "flights".

I guess I should have gotten a Southwest credit card or bought some upgrades to get the extra 10,000 points to make A-List preferred.

If only Southwest would give me points for all the flights my luggage took without me, I'd have that A list preferred status! 

Side note: How do you lose a gate checked bag?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Going to miss A List Preferred by 6 "flights".. guess I should have gotten a southwest

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

That's advanced to lose a gate checked item! (My guess someone grabbed it accidentally?)

Anyway - the credit card doesn't contribute towards tier qualifying points for A-list or A-list preferred, so you didn't miss out there.

EDIT: realized I left out one credit card contribution - there is a 1,500 point bonus per $10,000 spent on premier cards that have annual fees, up to 15,000 points - so that maybe would have helped you if you put $70,000 on there.

I am a similar amount of points away actually - I ran the numbers and decided I was fine with A-list, it wasn't worth upgrading that many flights to close the gap.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.