Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How to figure out what flights a promo applies to

SWMegan
Explorer C

Is there a way to determine what flights a promo code applies to without randomly picking destinations and dates? I've never managed to use a code because I always get the "not valid" banner and I can't figure out if it's the dates, routes, or what. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to figure out what flights a promo applies to

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@SWMegan wrote:

Is there a way to determine what flights a promo code applies to without randomly picking destinations and dates? I've never managed to use a code because I always get the "not valid" banner and I can't figure out if it's the dates, routes, or what. 

Greetings!

Make sure that you are first logged into your Rapid Rewards account, then go to Southwest.com homepage. From there you should see the SAVE25NOW promo. From there, click on the "Book by Monday" button to select the city pairs and dates. Note that there are some blackout dates, the promo is restricted to Continental US travel only, and the flight must be booked with Rapid Rewards points only with the taxes/fees paid for by cash.

On the "Select Flights" page, the green highlighted cost reflects the flights the promo code is applied to:

SAVE25NOW.PNG

E.g. In this screen, a Friday flight from SAN-LAS on June 7 has the first three morning non-stop flights discounted. The three midday options starting at the 9:35am departure are not.

Hope this helps.