Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Husband's Account Was Never Credited the 25000 Points From January

RareTraveler
Explorer A

We were among those who were affected by the travel cancellations back in December 2022. In January we received the claim codes for 25000 for each ticket. I claimed the 2 codes for me and my son and husband claimed the third one. My  husband doesn't travel much and so he just now accessed his account for the first time since then. The 25K points are not there. Do we have any recourse?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Husband's Account Was Never Credited the 25000 Points From January

bec102896
Aviator A

After you entered the code with the RR number and claimed the points did it send you a confirmation email or show a confirmation page? Did you enter the RR number correctly?

I would reach out to Southwest by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of this page and hopefully they can figure out the points 

dfwskier
Aviator A

The deadlne to claim the points was months ago, so I suspect you are out of luck.

But as bec said, you can ask the airline about it. The worst that can happen is SW says no -- which is where you are now.

RareTraveler
Explorer A

Yeah, I emailed them. Waiting to  hear. Figured I would come here and search and post to see if anyone else had experienced a similar issue.

The thing is that I save all of my emails but hubby doesn't and so I think the confirmation email would have gone to his email and not mine. I have the confirmation emails for my son's and I's claims.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@RareTraveler wrote:

We were among those who were affected by the travel cancellations back in December 2022. In January we received the claim codes for 25000 for each ticket. I claimed the 2 codes for me and my son and husband claimed the third one. My  husband doesn't travel much and so he just now accessed his account for the first time since then. The 25K points are not there. Do we have any recourse?

This is something that in hindsight you/he should have checked on right away. 

Check the activity on the account as well, not just the current balance that may not be accurately remembered from that long ago. 

Also make sure there aren't multiple accounts, and it went into another account.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

You can try to reach out to support to see if they can help in anyway.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger