Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Points Not Posted from Chase Southwest Credit Card

ehrlichl
Explorer C

I have the exact same problem as someone else posted in April. My husband was supposed to earn the companion pass this month (July) and his points ALWAYS post with 2-3 days after the Chase Visa credit card cycle end date. I looked back at the history from the Southwest site and this has been consistent, until this month. This month however, no points are posted and the cycle ended 7/14/23. Same issue as the other person ... Southwest says it is the fault of Chase and Chase says it is the fault of Southwest. Really ridiculous. I also have my own Chase credit card where the cycle end date was July 18, and I already have my points (posted on the 19th)! What is going on... really awful customer service!  One of these companies is not being honest here, Chase or Southwest ???  Very Frustrated!!!

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Rapid Rewards Points Not Posted from Chase Southwest Credit Card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ehrlichl wrote:

I have the exact same problem as someone else posted in April. My husband was supposed to earn the companion pass this month (July) and his points ALWAYS post with 2-3 days after the Chase Visa credit card cycle end date. I looked back at the history from the Southwest site and this has been consistent, until this month. This month however, no points are posted and the cycle ended 7/14/23. Same issue as the other person ... Southwest says it is the fault of Chase and Chase says it is the fault of Southwest. Really ridiculous. I also have my own Chase credit card where the cycle end date was July 18, and I already have my points (posted on the 19th)! What is going on... really awful customer service!  One of these companies is not being honest here, Chase or Southwest ???  Very Frustrated!!!

The only thing I can think of is if this posting would be the one that triggers companion pass there may be some extra review, but that's speculation on my part. 

So the rep is blaming Chase which would be typically the case, then Chase says no we turned it in - the wrinkle is that this particular one might be delayed while it is reviewed.

Not sure - keep us posted.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Here's how the process works

1) Chase buys RR points from SW

2) SW holds on to the points for Chase

3) Chase tells SW to give customers some of those points

4) SW tell Chase "OK, will do" and issues points.

ehrlichl
Explorer C

Thanks for your response. Still working it unfortunately!

ejallen11
Explorer C

My billing cycle ending 7/14th and my points haven't posted yet either. Mine usually post the next day or two as well. 

matth9081
Explorer C

I’ve also yet to receive my points from my July 15th statement. I definitely don’t qualify for Companion or A-List so I’m not sure what other holdups are happening between Chase & Southwest. Never had any issues until now.

As the original author said, each company is blaming the other & nobody cares to help. Until then, other cards are earning my spend.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@matth9081 wrote:

As the original author said, each company is blaming the other & nobody cares to help. Until then, other cards are earning my spend.

The only company that could help is Southwest as Southwest issues the RR points.

The problem is that if Chase did not tell Southwest how many points to hand out, how is Southwest going to know how many points to hand out.

ehrlichl
Explorer C

Just spoke to Chase again and they said to call back when it has been 30 days and no RR points. I asked them how long it will take after that time to get the points and they said it will then be escalated and I have to wait another 7-10 business days. Seriously! Not happy at all!

Poppa
Explorer C

I am having the same issue, my points have posted every month except for July.. I called Chase, Southwest, Chase again and Southwest again and they told me i need to wait 30 days before they can escalate. 

ejallen11
Explorer C

Update: My points posted this evening.