Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

Does anyone remember a promotion for action based bonus that ended Aug 31,2023. I thought the promo was 2 points for every $1 spent.

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Rapid Rewards

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Jsmjeff wrote:

Does anyone remember a promotion for action based bonus that ended Aug 31,2023. I thought the promo was 2 points for every $1 spent.

Thank you

Checked my emails...Here's what I found:

1. During Southwest's June 2023 Wanna Get Away promo, booking a flight between 6/16-6/18 for travel by 10/31 earned double Rapid Rewards points with registration.

2. There was a recent Southwest Hotels promo that ended 8/31 that offered 3 points for every $1 spent on non-Points Plus properties (in my opinion, booking a Points Plus property is far more worth it...anywhere from 500-2,000+ points per night at most hotel locations--sometimes going as high as 7,000-10k at some destination spots).

3. This last one appears to be still active as it is currently active in my Rapid Rewards profile (in the "My Promotions" area):

Clicking on the "Register" button activates it.

Earn towards Companion Pass® ASAP between 9/1 – 11/30/2023.

• Earn 2X on flights.
    Earn double Companion Pass qualifying points on all qualifying flights when you register, book, and fly, so you can earn on the double.
  • Business travelers booking through one of our business channels (SWABIZ.com, GDS, or SPS), will earn 3X Companion Pass qualifying points per flight during the same promotional period.
  • Earn 2X with Rapid Rewards® Credit Card purchases.
    Earn double Companion Pass qualifying points per $1 spent with your Chase Rapid Rewards Credit Card.
  • Earn 1X with reward travel.
    Every flight you purchase with Rapid Rewards points counts as one Companion Pass qualifying flight.

Jen64255
Explorer C

Yes! I am waiting on this one to post as well

CompanionOrBust
Explorer B

Yes, @Jsmjeff I remember registering for this one. It was double Companion Pass points for all credit card purchase made between 6-1 and 8-31. The details said points would count only towards Companion Pass and not show up as regular RR points. It also said it would post to your account within 8 weeks of the promos end.

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C
Solution

Thank you, I know I was not crazy. I thought have saved a pic of the promo but not. Neither southwest or chase could find it. I did get 3k bonus points 2 days before the 8/31. We will see if I get the other points.

CompanionOrBust
Explorer B

Weird they didn't know of it. But maybe that is not weird for them to know of all the promos? I thought I screen grabbed it too but can't find it either. Mandela effect, @Jsmjeff @? I hope not, haha!

bees
Explorer C

Following

CompanionOrBust
Explorer B

I keep checking to see if the points post. Nothing yet. The promo said allow 8 weeks from after the last day so I guess technically we have until the last days of October. 

CompanionOrBust
Explorer B

@Jsmjeff I looked threw my emails again and ended up finding this promo.

Screenshot_20231015-130505_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20231015-130540_Gmail.jpg

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

Lets hope they award the points, 2 weeks to go for the 8 week time frame. Those points could get me companion for next year.

Thanks again