Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Companion Pass Offer Aug-Oct

Felixbball
Explorer C

I recently booked a RT fight to qualify for the companion pass offer to be used between Aug and Oct. Today, the flight I used to qualify was delayed so I got on standby for an earlier flight. Would that void my eligibility for the companion pass? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Southwest Companion Pass Offer Aug-Oct

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Felixbball wrote:

I recently booked a RT fight to qualify for the companion pass offer to be used between Aug and Oct. Today, the flight I used to qualify was delayed so I got on standby for an earlier flight. Would that void my eligibility for the companion pass? 

Greetings!

Here is the clause in the promotional terms and conditions: 

Changes made to any itinerary after purchase of a one-way or round-trip revenue flight may eliminate qualification for this promotion.

There appears to be no definitive answer published either way as the keyword is "may". I would assume any serious flight disruption would be cause for consideration for an exception but would need to be confirmed by an agent.

When you listed for standby due to the delay, did you advise a Customer Service Agent that your original booking had the Promo Companion Pass offer active? Otherwise, I would contact Southwest Customer Service on this and describe the situation. They'll determine whether you're still eligible as I think the gravity of the disruption of the delayed flight would be a key factor.

Give them a call:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/After-Your-Trip

or send a private DM through Twitter/X.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Felixbball wrote:

I can't say officially I'm just another passenger like yourself, but my guess would be that it is okay. The changes that we heard about before that void the opportunity are changes where you are changing dates, airports, or rebooking in advance including changing your payment.

Unfortunately its vague as the terms don't describe what may or may not qualify in detail.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

epcot
Adventurer C

As a data point, I did do standby for similar reasons and I still got the "you've qualified" email. I believe the terms are mostly about changes that take the flight past May 22

bec102896
Aviator A

In my past experience with this type of promo over the last couple of years I did same day changes and still qualified. I think the change may eliminate qualification would be for moving a flight past the promotion fly by date as mentioned by @epcot. one time SW did a schedule change I changed my date still within the promotion travel by date and qualified so you should be good for same day changes 

Personally it would be a headache for the airline if they eliminated qualification for same-day changes because some have to be changed due to IROPS and it wouldn’t be fair to those customers to say you no longer qualify because we had to rebook you due to a flight delay