Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using Companion Pass

MichD1991
Explorer C

I currently have a flight booked for myself and my companion in September 2022. Can I change my companion to someone else before September and book a new flight? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Using Companion Pass

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I think that at time of departure, your designated companion and your ticketed companion must be the same person.

Re: Using Companion Pass

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@MichD1991 wrote:

I currently have a flight booked for myself and my companion in September 2022. Can I change my companion to someone else before September and book a new flight? 

You would be able to change your companion after any trips booked by the current companion are completed. 

However I'm reading between the lines - if you have a trip in say, October and need to hold a seat for your future companion:

1. Book the future companion with points now to hold a spot, also in case things change and they may not become the companion.
  2. After the current companion finishes up all companion travel, change the companion and call or twitter in to have the points booking refunded back to your account and add the companion simultaneously. (This is not strictly necessary but it might be possible for the flight to sell out or otherwise make the companion uncomfortable that they weren't going to fly.)
  3. Don't book any later trips for the current companion.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.